Knitting Time Together: Knit free or Die!
Knitting Time Together, Episode 21
Date: August 25, 2007
Full episode: 181 Miles to Mecca
You know what, though? Our miscommunication turns out to be serendipitous, because on her third or fourth listen, the pieces all fall together and Theresa realizes that I’ll Get Old And Die is the perfect theme song for a podcast about knitting, and that I was thinking about knitting when I wrote the song!
And I was like, ooooo-kay
But let Theresa tell you the story in her own words:
I have to say, Ken, whose last name I’m not going to to pronounce — or try to pronounce for that matter — has some really funny (songs)….
I said, Hey, you know. Can you write me a theme song and he responded back and said, No, I don’t really know anything about knitting. And I was like, ooooo-kay, I can understand that. And then he sent me this theme song.
At first it was like, I’ll Get Old and I’ll Die? Look, hey, I don’t really understand why he thought I might want to use this. And then I listened to it again.
It really kind of embodied the spirit of a lot of the older women that I interviewed when I first started podcasting. It’s kind of, you know, just because I’m 89 doesn’t mean I can’t knit anymore. Just because I’m 89 doesn’t mean my life is over.
For my part, I’m thrilled to help (however unwittingly) advance the cause of knitting. If even one old lady picks up the crochet needles after she hears my song, then I’ll have earned a spot in heaven.
All together now: Tur-ets-kee
And by the way, Theresa, it’s Tur-ets-kee. Let’s get past that little mental block, shall we? (See Knitting Time Together: Stuffed Morris from the May 6 Podcast Roundup). I’m going to want a proper credit on every episode of the show from now on.
I think socks are going to continue to be big. I think lace will be big probably for a little while longer.
I would say you’re going to see a trend towards green fiber — as much as can be produced. It’s very difficult and expensive to do a good organic wool or good organic cotton. And dyeing it is even harder!
Makes sense, doesn’t it? Everybody wears socks! I’m taking all my money out of real estate and putting it into socks!
Posted in:at 5:36 pm Tue, Aug 28, 2007.
Her Shit Don't Stink:
Or, as a (.99) from my store.
My Fat Ass Itches:
Look What I Made!:
Or, as a package ($4.95).
Get the CD from !
Enjoy these amusing songs by me and my friends. Listen to every track in my mp3 store for free!
Drinking For England and The Homicidal Maniac's Song © 2006 and You Suck Bad © 2007 Small Pudding/ASCAP. Kicked In The Nuts © 2006 Brandon Higgins.
- Catch me Friday, May 7 at CityArts Festival! (2 comments)
Thu, May 6, 2010
- An unaffiliated SXSW event (0 comments)
Tue, Mar 16, 2010
- Moon cracks Music Alley Comedy Top Ten (2 comments)
Mon, Mar 15, 2010
- Fan Turetzky Syndrome on Facebook (0 comments)
Tue, Feb 9, 2010
- Tyrone Kahn explodes some myths (0 comments)
Wed, Feb 3, 2010
- Jennifer W said at 10:43 am Fri, Dec 2, 2011: I have had the good fortune of getting to know Brandon and I have to...
- Shawn said at 12:42 pm Thu, May 6, 2010: I appreciate the life-like rendering of the guitar cable.
- Steve said at 9:55 pm Sat, Mar 20, 2010: Thanks for the mentions Ken.. I think you like the stats because you KNOW...
- Big Phil said at 1:27 pm Tue, Jan 12, 2010: Still beatin’ my nutbag!
- Shawn said at 3:52 pm Thu, Jan 7, 2010: “Pseudo-celeb.” Well, it’s better than...
Get on the list!
Sign up for spam-free comedy music news and previews of my rare and collectible live shows!